Friday, January 9, 2009

WoW can kiss my ass!

So, my boyfriend plays WoW aka World of Warcraft. He plays it a lot. I normally don't really care. He is good about if we have something to do about getting off the computer. He is also responsive and still engages with me while he is playing. Sometimes I even find his game interesting. I can totally see the appeal.

But yesterday I realized that he plays WoW more than he is at work. He has a full time job but in his defense (feeble though it is) he isn't necessarily at work 40 hrs a week, he is at work more like 30 hrs a week. But still plays WoW more.

I have also realized that if I give him enough warning about plans etc he is really good about not being on the computer.

He even called me this morning and told me that he wants to take me to the coast for Valentine's Day. REALLY?! It is so out of character for him. Usually I have to tell Mike specifically what gift I want for a holiday. He has never bought me flowers even though I have told him I like them (he has picked several roses from his yard and put them in a jar on the counter for me when I get home from work). He just isn't romantic like that and that's okay, I love him anyway.

Earlier this week I asked him if would go on a date with me tonight, Friday. We would go to dinner and a movie. It would be fun, we haven't really gone on a date in awhile and I thought it would be fun. Mike was all for it. The plan was to go to dinner (who knows where) and then go see Gran Torino.

Well, this evening he comes home from work and asks if I would okay going to a later movie. Sure. I look up movie times and he asks if I am going to buy the tickets online and was I paying for the movie or was he. Rewind to this morning as he was leaving for work:

Erica: Do you want to go to dinner before the movie tonight?

Mike: Maybe.

Erica: If you do, I can buy dinner and you can get the movie.

Mike: Okay. Love you, see you when I get home.

Um, hello? Are we going to dinner? Then he tells me that he was interested in going to a later movie and eating at home because his guild is thinking of completing the raid they started last night. WHAT?! Seriously?!

I know he just joined a new guild and wants to make a good impression so that in the future he will be invited on raids etc etc. But really? We had plans.

He is trying to get out of it and convince them to finish the raid tomorrow. But my feelings are still hurt. He hasn't blown me off before because of WoW. And I know he is only doing it because he is in the new guild, still pisses me off though.

0 comments:

 
The Perkster - Ramblings of a hungry fat girl. Design by Exotic Mommie. Illustraion By DaPino