Monday, November 23, 2009

The Little Things

Over at Manic Mother Beth is giving thanks for the little things. As she says, of course I am thankful for a roof over my head, food on my table, and all my friends and family. But what are the little things I am thankful for this Thanksgiving?

I used to try and post daily on myspace 5 things I was thankful for but then I started "really" blogging and kind of fell out of the habit. So, here is a list of 5 of the little things in life I am thankful for:

1. The smell of coffee brewing. Simply the smell makes me smile and my eyes crack open just a smidge more in the morning. Even when I attempt to stop drinking it, the smell is still fabulous.

2. My DVR. Completely shallow and materialistic, but it makes me happy. My life can get crazy busy, as I am sure yours can as well and it is nice to know that the shows I love and yes, crave, are there for me when I get a moment.

3. The feel of my little munchkin aka Jackie snuggled up next to me while we snooze and the little groans he makes whenever I dare to disturb him.

4. Sweater season. I love sweaters and frankly I rock the sweater look. I anxiously await the coming of fall and winter every year so I can pull out my old favorites and hit up the stores to add new additions.

5. Tweezers. As much as I hate to admit it, I have some funky chin hairs. The satisfaction I get from tweezing those bad boys is overwhelming. I hold the offending hair between my tweezers and look at it while cackling maniacally "muwah ha ha ha! I am victorious you evil chin hair!"

So what are some of the little things you are grateful for? Come play along and link up with Manic Mother! All the cool kids are doing it.

8 comments:

Lin said...

Ha ha you're funny! I too am thankful for all those wonderful things. Especially the DVR & tweezwers (I hate you chin hair!).

Gabby said...

I love your list! The little things are sooooo important!

P.T said...

Ooooooo! I have some chin hairs too! I even shaved them lightly twice! And hubby, now and then, takes the tweezers and uproots them, or bites them off! LOL

Unknown said...

Love me some coffee and dvr!

Anonymous said...

My uggs...they're winter flip flop!

Jen

PS Glad to see a new blog! I missed it!

Leah said...

Hi! First time here in your blog. I have a lot of little things to be thankful for. Maybe I can play along with you. Thanks for the inspiration. Hugs!

Arushi Khosla said...

In dire need of sweaters as well so I empathize.

Elizabeth Marie said...

Sweaters, coffee and DVR. Yes please.

AND YOU!

 
The Perkster - Ramblings of a hungry fat girl. Design by Exotic Mommie. Illustraion By DaPino