Thursday, December 17, 2009

See, I can do crafty things

So originally I was going to try and make the yarn wreath created by Gabby over at gabby, she wrote (you should totally go check out her balls). Except I couldn't find all the necessary supplies and I kind of gave up (Michael's failed me). Yeah, that's right, I gave up...for a minute. I might try again this weekend because I have discovered the essential piece of the puzzle - an 8 in metal wreath frame.

I found it at Joann Fabrics.

And I was at Joann Fabrics because when I couldn't find everything for the wreath I decided to make a dress. Yes a dress!

This Friday is the Santa Pub Crawl. Who doesn't think that sounds fun? Dressing up as Santa and meander from bar to bar and sing naughty Christmas Carols.

Except I couldn't find an outfit that did leave my butt flapping in the breeze and me looking like a sausage in the skin tight dress. When the brilliant idea of making my own dress came to me.

Here's the finished product. I am quite impressed!

6 comments:

Jenny @ Practically Perfect... said...

Oooh, very nice! Job well done!

Sara Strand said...

Cute! You'll have to post a pic of you in it. :)

Lin said...

Wow, very cute!

Lady Jane said...

I am soooo impressed!! That is super cute and that pub crawl sounds way fun! I want pics

Miss Rosa said...

cuuuuute! i'm jealous, and i'm trying to get crafty too. started crocheting a scarf.

Anonymous said...

You should post the picture that you took last night.

Jen

 
The Perkster - Ramblings of a hungry fat girl. Design by Exotic Mommie. Illustraion By DaPino